Episode 28 – Legal Advice For Orthodontists From AAO General Counsel Trey Lawrence
In this podcast we speak with Trey Lawrence, Vice President and General Counsel at the American Association of Orthodontists. Prior to joining the AAO, Trey practiced with a large law firm in St. Louis for about 15 years, concentrating in the areas of litigation and regulatory matters. We speak with Trey about the legal issues that might crop up while running your practice – some of them critically important to protecting yourself.
In this episode, we address other important topics like:
- What happens when you get a negative review and how do you respond
- Considerations when branding your own in-house clear aligner production services
- Can you pay general dentists a referral fee, and how to avoid getting into a fee splitting situation
- Can you give a patient a prize for sending a referral
- How to handle irate clients