Dr. Leon Klempner and Amy Epstein invited Brad Kucharo, a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Financial Planner from John McGill & Company, to the podcast to give us some financial tips and advice for orthodontics. This is especially timely as businesses plan their end of the year tax strategies, the recent change in the presidential administration, and the ongoing effects of the pandemic, specifically for practices that took Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans in 2020.
In this episode, we recap some important topics like:
- Statistics about practice performance over the last seven months after Covid
- Preparation for PPP loan forgiveness and the Provider Relief Funds filing
- Financial advice in case orthodontists again have to stop seeing patients in-person for any length of time
- How potential tax law changes under President-elect Biden will impact orthodontists
- Last-minute 2020 tax planning strategies and advice
Brad Kucharo is both a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Financial Planner and has been providing customized tax and business planning services exclusively for the dental profession since 2007. He has helped over 500 dentists and specialists across the country plan for financial independence reduced stress and greater peace of mind. Brad also developed and directs John McGill & Company’s comprehensive “Planning for Retirement” service. He formerly worked at Price Waterhouse Coopers and is a current member of the American Institute of CPA’s and the North Carolina Association of Certified public accountants.