Talking With AAO Legal Team
In this episode:
In this episode we speak with Gianna Hartwig, State Affairs Coordinator, and Trey Lawrence, Associate General Counsel, from the American Association of Orthodontists legal team. During our discussion we tap into legal issues that are top of mind for many orthodontists and the AAO’s position on these matters as they battle the issues and provide support for orthodontists and the industry.
In this episode we address:
- Legal ramifications for orthodontists of speaking out about direct-to-consumer orthodontics and how and when it’s appropriate
- AAO’s legal support fund that provides grants to support state legal issues if they arise
- Implications and outcomes of two court cases in Ohio and Texas that challenged specialty advertising rules in dentistry
- The AAO’s position on teledentistry and the AAO list of parameters to protect patient health and safety while allowing practitioners explore this technology
Do not miss this in-depth discussion of these important issues and the very informative advice the AAO legal team offers.
- Direct link to the AAO website page for Questions to Consider When Researching Direct-To-Consumer Orthodontic Companies to share with patients.
- Update on the AAO’s wins in specialty advertising legislation
- List of AAO legal team contacts