Episode 32 – Align Technology’s Role in Expanding the Digital Orthodontic Market with Joe Hogan, CEO of Align Technologies
On this episode of People & Practice, Dr. Leon and Amy speak to CEO of Align Technologies, Joe Hogan. Joe joins us today to talk about how the technological developments and digital processes are advancing orthodontic practices. He firmly believes that this is the best time for orthodontics as patients can be treated better and faster than ever before. Tune in to learn more from Joe and how to manage current and future technology trends in orthodontic practices.
In this episode, we address other important topics like:
- Joe talks about Align technology’s role in expanding the digital orthodontic market
- Significant future advances in orthodontic technology and processes
- Virtual care and the steps and pocedures to Align’s orthodontic practices
- How Align helps to prepare ortho residents in managing current and future technologies to the field
- The digital process and technology advantage makes orthodontic procedures much less invasive and time consuming for patients. They don’t have to be seen in office as much and it’s a faster process than before.
- The digital age and AI will continue to improve orthodontic practices. The technology is based on science and results, which is very exciting for both patients and orthodontists alike.
- Current and future orthodontists should keep up with new trends to bring their patients the best possible care they can.
About Joe Hogan:
Joseph M. Hogan joined Align in June 2015 as President, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and a Director of Align Technology. Mr. Hogan is an accomplished chief executive with extensive experience across multiple industries including healthcare, technology and industrial automation. Before joining Align, Mr. Hogan served as CEO of ABB, a $40 billion global power and automation technologies company based in Zurich, Switzerland. During his five years at ABB, Mr. Hogan oversaw a 25% increase in revenues. Prior to ABB, Mr. Hogan spent 25 years at General Electric (GE) in a variety of executive and management roles, including eight years as CEO of GE Healthcare, where he drove significant geographic and market portfolio expansion and more than doubled revenues from $7 billion to $16 billion. Mr. Hogan earned an M.B.A. from Robert Morris University and a B.S. degree in Business and Economics from Geneva College, both in Pennsylvania.
Watch the interview on YouTube: