Episode 31 – Building A Competitive Orthodontic Practice with Michelle Shimmin of Shimmin Consulting
In this podcast, we speak with Michelle Shimmin of Shimmin Consulting. Since 1990, Michelle has been an international lecturer and trainer consultant in the field of orthodontics. She shares with us the different elements of running a practice, including protocols for training and hiring employees, how to encourage their growth and development, and the value of adding a remote team for your practice. Listen in to this episode to learn more about how Michelle works with clients to build competitive orthodontic practices.
In this episode, we address other important topics like:
- Michelle’s advice on finding high-quality staff for your practice; using your employees as ambassadors for your practice to find great employees
- The importance of effective training tools for onboarding protocols
- Setting up internal pay structure for employees to encourage engagement and professional growth & development
- Digital marketing and adding remote team members and what roles they can provide for the business
- Creating expectations and processes for virtual team members
- The key to employee retention is setting up your employees with a known internal structure. This encourages engagement and motivation to continue professional growth & development, adding value to your team.
- Setting your employees up for success starts with great training tools and onboarding protocols that train employees properly.
- The industry has grown and changed rapidly and digital marketing and remote opportunities for employees can be very valuable to the practice.
About Michelle Shimmin:
Michelle Shimmin is the owner of Shimmin Consulting. Michelle is an International lecturer, trainer and consultant who has been in the field of orthodontics since 1990, working as a Registered Dental Assistant, teaching orthodontic assisting, marketing, financials, treatment coordinating and practice management. Michelle travels the country and helps transform orthodontic offices on their systems to promote training, growth, and success through a comprehensive practice approach.
Watch the interview on YouTube: