In this podcast we speak with Dr. Terry Sellke, a board-certified orthodontist who has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Sellke is an old friend of ours and he has been incorporating new technology and system enhancements into his practice for decades in order to achieve exceptional results while decreasing total treatment time. He retired from University of Illinois in 2006 as a Clinical Professor, Master Clinical, Co-clinical Director, and Master’s Thesis Advisor where he had been since 1970. He now teaches his The Bottom Line Practice Management Program and Clinical Orthodontics to orthodontists and their staff worldwide. In February 2022, Dr. Sellke is running a multi day seminar where he will teach his course exclusively to orthodontists in Aruba. You can find out more about the program here: www.orthobottomline.com.
In this episode, we address other important topics like:
- What are the biggest orthodontic industry disruptors and how have they permanently changed the industry of orthodontics
- How can practices compete with the direct-to-consumer orthodontic model
- How can orthodontists adapt to disruption in the industry and new consumer demands for faster, cheaper, and more convenient service
- Letting consumers know there is an alternative to direct-to-consumer
- How to handle irate clients