In Episode 6 of our podcast, The Survival Guide for Orthodontists, we speak with Gianna Hartwig, State Affairs Coordinator, and Trey Lawrence, Associate General Counsel, from the American Association of Orthodontists legal team. During our discussion we tap into legal issues that are top of mind for many orthodontists and the AAO’s position on these matters as they battle the issues and provide support for orthodontists and the industry.
In this episode we address:
- Legal ramifications for orthodontists of speaking out about direct-to-consumer orthodontics and how and when it’s appropriate
- AAO’s legal support fund that provides grants to support state legal issues if they arise
- Implications and outcomes of two court cases in Ohio and Texas that challenged specialty advertising rules in dentistry
- The AAO’s position on teledentistry and the AAO list of parameters to protect patient health and safety while allowing practitioners to explore this technology
Do not miss this in-depth discussion of these important issues and the very informative advice that the AAO legal team offers.
- Direct link to the AAO website page for Questions to Consider When Researching Direct-To-Consumer Orthodontic Companies to share with patients.
- Update on the AAO’s wins in specialty advertising legislation
- List of AAO legal team contacts
Listen to the clip below and then click here to subscribe to the podcast!
Our podcast, The Survival Guide for Orthodontists is dedicated to making you the authority in orthodontics to prospective new patients in your community. Click here to subscribe to the podcast, and listen to the latest episode. Subscribe today!