Although essential to the success of any small business today many have no idea how to go about marketing their orthodontic practice online. We’ve found that now more than ever, solo orthodontist offices and small group practices are at risk of becoming commoditized in the eyes of their patients. The web has allowed for greater transparency and access to information but this means patients have more choices and do more research before deciding on a practice. The rise of retail orthodontic offices has added to the noise making a marketing program even more vital to your success.
A good marketing program can differentiate your practice to attract more patients who understand the value you provide. Below we have provided five ideas for orthodontists to kick-start their marketing effort on a blog or social media.
1. Before and after smile selfies – Post a collage with before and after pictures comparing a patient’s first day in the office to their new smile. The sheer number of selfies out there tells a lot about how people feel about sharing their smiling faces on the web. When people share your content they are giving a thumbs up to your practice to friends and family. (Tip: Have patients use their cellphones to post to their FB page and tag the orthodontic office FB business page. Then share the post on office page for maximum visibility.)
2. Highlight your do-gooders – Write short blog entries and social media posts about people in your practice who do good things like walk for a charity to raise money or help out at a soup kitchen. Everyone has a cause they believe in and want to promote. Giving staff members a time to shine online will help patients connect to your practice in a positive way that has goes above and beyond price.
3. Tidbit of the week – Post your office tidbit of the week whether it’s a quick video on how to floss properly with braces or a meme that tells a fun fact of the day. These posts show that you are knowledgeable and care about your patients. People like to look for information themselves before having to pick up the phone. Make your website and social media networks a resource of good advice and DIY videos!
4. Customer testimonials – Post a quote from a customer about what a great experience they had at your practice and how they recommend you and your courteous staff. Remember to put a face to the words and snap a picture of your new office evangelist to post on social media.
5. Fun survey – Post a survey to Facebook and then post the results. The survey can be around a fun theme like “What forbidden food are you most looking for to eating after your braces come off?” or “What are the best color rubber bands for the weekend?” Or you can make it a test quiz and post the results to see how many people knew the answer.
About People and Practice: People and Practice is a marketing agency for orthodontists and general dentistry. We help increase the quality of new patient calls, encourage current patients to become brand influencers who refer you more customers and establish strong brand equity for your practice.
Want to learn the marketing tools you need to grow your orthodontic practice? Our work builds trust in your practice online to help you get new patients in a digital era by convincing them (before even meeting you) that you’re the practice to choose. For more information, or a free marketing analysis, you can contact People & Practice today at 888.866.DOCS, or by email at email@example.com.